UAS SEMESTER 2 BAHASA INGGRIS
KELAS X 2011/2012
In this section of the test, you will have the chance to show how well you understand spoken English. There are 4 parts to this section, with special direction for each part.
Part I. Pictures
Questions 1 to 3
For each item, there is a picture and four short statements about it on the tape. They are spoken twice, and are NOT WRITTEN out on your test book, so you must listen carefully. You must choose one sentence (A), (B), (C) or (D) that best describes the picture. Then, on your answer sheet, mark your choice.
Look at the picture and listen to the four sentences.
- He’s wiring his office
- He’s using the keyboard
- He’s repairing the computer
- He’s making some notes
Choice ( d ) – “He’s making some notes” – best describes what can be seen in the picture. Therefore , you should mark ( d ) on your answer sheet.
Now let’s begin with picture number 1
Part II Question and Response
Questions 5 to 8
In this part of the test, you will hear several questions spoken in English, followed by three responses, also spoken in English. The question and responses will be spoken twice. They will not be printed in your test book, so you must listen carefully to understand what the speakers say. You have to choose the best response to each question.
Now listen to a sample question
You will hear :”Will you be here this summer?”
You will also hear : ( A ) Yes. Summer is my favorite season.
( B ) Yes. They will be here soon.
( C) No, I won’t. I plan to visit my family
Choice ( C ) – “ No, I won’t . I plan to visit my family “ – is the appropriate response to the question ( Will you be here this summer ? ) Therefore you should mark ( C ) on your answer sheet.
Now let’s begin with question number 5
5. Mark your answer on your answer sheet.
6. Mark your answer on your answer sheet.
7. Mark your answer on your answer sheet.
8. Mark your answer on your answer sheet.
Question 9 to 11 Dialogue
In this part of the test, you will hear several short conversations. The conversations will not be printed in your test book. You will hear the conversation twice, so you must listen carefully to understand what the speakers say.
In your test book, you will read a question about each conversation. The question will be followed by four answers. You have to choose the best answer to each question and mark it on your answer sheet.
You will hear : Girl : Are you sixteen yet ?
Boy : Not yet, but my birthday is in March.
Girl : When in March ?
Boy : It is March 20th
You will also read : What do you learn from the conversation ?
A. The girl is sixteen years old
B. The boy is sixteen years old
C. The boy was born in March
D. The girl’s birthday is on March 20th
Choice ( C ) –“The boy was born in March”- best answers the question ( What do you learn from the conversation ? ). Therefore , you should mark ( C) on your answer sheet.
9. What is the meaning of the sign?
- Parking area
- Smoking area
- No parking
- No entering
10. What will the man do if he is a president?
- Build many supermarkets
- buy a jet plane for the country
- make free the education cost
- abolish the corruption
11. How does Daniel travel?
- By bus
- By plane
- By train
- By ship
Part IV Monologue
Questions 12 to 15
In this part of the test, you will hear several short talks. Each will be spoken two times. They will not be printed in your test book, so you must listen carefully to understand and remember what is said.
In your test book, you will read two or more questions about each short talk. Each question will be followed by four answers. You have to choose the best answer to each question and mark it on your answer sheet.
12. What event will be held based on the invitation?
- Birthday party
- Wedding party
- Harvest party
- Welcome party
13. When will the party take place?
- July 19
- July 18
- June 19
- June 18
14. What is the text about?
A. Menu in Flamingo Restaurant
B. Memo from Mr. Jacky
C. Menu for breakfast
D. Memo to Mr. Jacky
15. What is the special offer for today?
- A free cup of coffee
- Delicious chicken soup
- A full plate of apple pie
- Ice cream and carrot cake
THIS IS THE END OF LISTENING SECTION
16. Beni : What does the sign mean?
Bono : It means that we_____ to smoke there.
- Are allowed
- Are forbidden
17. Alex : What are you doing now?
Nurdin : I ______ a document.
- Am signing
- Was signing
- Were signing
18. Look! There ____ much water on the bottle.
19. There _____ a handsome boy in my class.
20. Traveling by plane is _____ than by train.
- More expensive
- Most expensive
21. Martha : What do you like, reading or writing?
Sandy : I would prefer _____ rather than write.
- To read
- To reading
22. We can find a mouse _____ the laptop.
- Next to
- In front of
23. Vandy : Can you play the piano?
Gilang : No, I can’t. But when I was a child, I ______play a guitar.
- Could to
- Am able to
- Was able to
- Were able to
24. Sandy : Excuse me, _____ hospital is?
Dion : Okay, follow this way, turn right. It is on your left.
Sandy : Thank you.
- How long does it take to
- How far is it to
- Could you tell me the way to
- Where is it located?
- Does you know
25. Vira : I want to go to Mr Hadi’s house. Can you show me how to go there?
Yuni : Of course. _____
- go down this street, turn right on the third intersection, go straight, then turn right
- go down this street, turn left on the third intersection, go straight, then turn right
- go down this street, turn right on the second intersection, go straight, then turn left
- go down this street, turn left on the second junction, go straight, then turn left
- go down this street, turn right on the third T-junction, go straight, then turn left
26. If Frank _____ hard, he will get good mark in his final examination.
- To study
- Will study
Questions number 27 and 28 are based on the following Memo!.
27. Who wrote the memo?
- Bima’s birthday
- Clutch bag
28. I need it for Bima’s birthday party tonight.
The word “it” refers to …
Number 29 and 30 are based on the following text!
29. What’s the text about?
A. Loving mom
B. Being home late
C. Having an extra class
D. Having dinner after class
E. Extra class before school
30. Where can you possibly find the text?
A. At school
B. In the classroom
C. On mother’s table
D. In the dining room
E. In the school hall
Number 31 and 32 are based on the following text!
31. Someone takes a one-way of second class ticket to Greenville. How much does the ticket price?
32. How long does the train leaving at 7:50 take time to get to Foxley?
- 4 hours 45 minutes
- 4 hours 50 minutes
- 4 hours 35 minutes
- 3 hours 50 minutes
- 3 hours 35 minutes
Number 33 and 34 are based on the following text!
33. What is the available dessert?
- Onion soup
- Sirloin steak
- Roast beef
- Chocolate mousse
34. How much will someone pay for his/her meal there?
- $ 20
- $ 200
- $ 2000
- $ 40
- $ 400
35. I am not worry just because I will leave you. If I miss you, I will called you.
A B C D E
36. Ten years ago, Shania were able to drive a car but now she can’t. She did not practice driving
A B C D
since a long time.
37. There is many books in the bookstore. We can choose anything we want. After that, we must pay
A B C D
for the book in cashier.
38. Rose : What are your parents doing now?
Jack : At the moment, my father is hanging a clock at the wall and my mother is painting in
C D E
39. Novia prefer pizza to spaghetti. However, Tania likes eating spaghetti better than pizza.
A B C D E
40. Hannah got 80 in her examination yesterday. Mandra got 90. So, we can conclude that Mandra is
A B C D
smartest than Hannah.
SECTION B : ESSAY
1. Change the sentence below into Present Continuous form!
John studies in the library.
Answer : John is studying in the library.
- Larry and Shania type the letter.
- Joanna reads a novel.
2. Complete the table with the suitable answer!
3. Change the sentences into the form in the bracket!
Joanna likes watering plants better than sweeping the floor.(would rather – than)
Answer: Joanna would rather water plants than sweep the floor.
- I prefer watching TV to going to the cinema (would prefer – rather than)
- Hannah would rather drink coffee than drink tea (like – better than)
4. Answer the questions below based on the Menu!
a. What is the cheapest appetizer based on the menu?
b. What is the name of the restaurant?
c. How much should someone pay if he orders Mozzarella Sticks and Grilled Cheese?
d. Is there any phone number mentioned in the menu?